We've gotten off to a great start at PCMS. It is our hope that this will be a wonderful school year for you and your child(ren).
With this in mind, attending field trips is an exciting part of the middle school experience. We do want to stress; however, that attending a school sponsored fieldtrip is a privilege. There are a few important reminders to consider throughout the year.
- Academics come first! If your child is not passing his/her classes, then they are not eligible to attend a field trip.
- Attendance is mandatory to be eligible for a field trip.
- First Semester Eligibility
- To attend a field trip during the 1st semester, the following criteria must be met:
- a student may not have missed more than 4 days of school
- tardies and check-outs from school must be limited to no more than a total of 5 for the 1st semester
- Example: a student may be tardy 2 days and check-out 3 days
- Second Semester Eligibility
- To attend a field trip the 2nd semester, the following criteria must be met:
- a student may not have missed more than 8 days of school for the year
- tardies and check-outs from school must be limited to no more than 5 for the 2nd semester
- Example: a student may be tardy 2 days and check-outs 3 days
- Additional requirements may be determined by team, grade level, or organization.
- Extenuating individual circumstances will be reviewed by PCMS administrators.
Please keep this information in mind.
We appreciate your help in promoting your child's good attendance at PCMS.
Amanda Gay, Principal